Can My Spouse Live With Me In Assisted Living?June 3, 2021 0 Comment Category: Care Center
Relationships can have a positive impact on our lives and having a good relationship with your spouse can help you live a longer and fuller life. The reason behind shifting to an assisted living facility is to preserve your quality of life. This means that your spouse can also move to the facility with you. This is applicable even if both of you need varying levels of care. Here is what you need to know about living with your spouse in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Living With Your Spouse In Assisted Living Facilities
As said above, the purpose of moving to an assisted living facility is to improve your quality of life and to ensure your health. As your spouse plays an important role in your well-being, he/she is always welcome to the community. Depending on your choice of community, this can mean that you pay for nursing care or assisted living and they pay for independent living. Therefore, it is important to enquire about how costs are allocated and if both of you will need to pay the assisted living price.
Always understand that assisted living facilities are not schools or jails. In these facilities, you can live on your terms letting people visit you whenever you want. Many elderly adults wrongly believe that assisted living facilities are places where someone else will be in control of their lives and this is the reason why many seniors worry if they can bring a spouse to the facility.
Benefits Of Moving To An Assisted Living Facility With Your Spouse
If you are confused about assisted living or wonder if bringing your spouse to the facility is the right move, rest assured that living with your spouse in a senior living facility can be beneficial to both of you.
Some of the benefits are:
- Companionship from your spouse for the next big move in your life.
- Ability to fully embrace retirement together.
- Can save money on mortgage and costs of homeownership.
- Both of you will have access to many services and care options.
- Ability to opt for assisted living or additional care whenever necessary.
- Safety and security of you and your partner are guaranteed when living in an assisted living facility or nursing homes.
- Your children can sleep peacefully knowing that both of you are safe and happy in the nursing home or assisted living facility.