What is Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy, or speech-language pathology (SLP), is a form of therapy that offers comprehensive help with evaluation and treatment of individuals with developed speech and cognitive problems following illness or injury, and or swallowing.The skilled nursing professionals at Foothill Heights Care Center are available seven days a week to help our residents using speech therapy. Our facility offers individualized treatment programs that are developed for each patient based on their diagnosis and needs.
Listed below are a few of the benefits patients may see with speech therapy:
- Improvement in clarity of speech and general communication.
- Safer and easier drinking and eating.
- Education in alternative methods of communication such as American Sign Language.
Who Can Speech Therapy Help?
The speech therapists at Foothill Heights Care Center are trained to help residents who may be dealing with:
- Recovery from stroke
- Memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease